How to Set Up Account Alerts
When you sign up for Capital One online banking and have a valid email address and mobile phone number on file, you have the option of customizing text or email alerts about your spending and payments.
First, you need to have a verified mobile number on file to receive text alerts. Here’s how to verify your mobile number:
- Sign in to online banking. Don’t have an account? Sign up now.
- Select Profile from the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the pencil icon next to your mobile phone number.
- Review your mobile number and make any necessary updates. When you’re done, select Confirm and Verify
We’ll send you a text to verify your mobile number. Respond VERIFY to this text message to confirm that your mobile number can receive alerts for your account.
After you’ve verified your mobile number, you can go ahead and customize your alert preferences.
- Sign in to online banking through an internet browser (rather than the app).
- Select Alerts from the drop-down list in the top right-hand corner.
- Select the pencil icon next to your account to set up alerts for it.
- Check off the boxes in the text column next to the alerts you’d like to receive.